Video Translation And Its Implications For FireTech
A recent interview with FireTech Connect was really good fun, with Leigh Kelson hosting a free-wheeling discussion about crisis, technology and the future of AI in the internationalization and localization space.
The FireTech 2020 program is an initiative of the Peregian Digital Hub, a leading technology incubator based in Noosa on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast.
FireTech Connect is funded by the Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources through the AusIndustry Entrepreneurs’ Programme; The Queensland State Government’s Advance Queensland Program; and Noosa Shire Council.
Leigh Kelson is the Program Director of FireTech - he is a technology entrepreneur, cloud computing pioneer, and media tech veteran. He has founded ten ventures over the last 30 years and had a number of successful exits. Over his career, he’s been a CEO of publicly listed companies, involved in raising more than $100 million in funding and completed two successful IPO’s on the Australian stock exchange.
Leigh is also an all-round good guy, and we are big fans of the work FireTech Connect is doing!
- coping with crisis, a end user experience of the the Covid-19 crisis 0:41;
- working in finance and hedge funds 3:41;
- how AI video translation tech can be applied to public fire / emergency communications to help the community understand vital information 8:28;
- a basic intro to AI / Machine Learning, Big Data, and Big Compute 18:55;
- and talks about what’s next for Videotranslator.ai 29:27;
We hope you enjoyed the conversation, and stay tuned for more content!