The 8 Best Short Video Apps for Android 2021
Table Of Contents
If you have been guilty of spending 2 hours straight scrolling through Instagram or TikTok, well, you are not the only one!
These days, short videos are so addicting! You blinked and hours passed by. So, now you know that you’ve seen all these amazing videos, you also want to be a content creator.
But… where do you start? What apps should you use to create trending videos like those influencers?
Well, fear not, because we are here to give you Android’s 2021 top short video editor!
Instagram is the go-to app for you to begin your short video editing journey. The application has a platform where you can edit your videos and immediately share them on your Instagram account. You can add special effects, background music, face filters, emojis, and stickers and share your videos as reels. Currently, Instagram reels allow you to create videos with a maximum length of 30 seconds.
If you love making TikTok videos, you can also begin your content creation journey with the app itself. You can trim, edit, clip and merge multiple videos, as well as add music, sound, filters, and stickers.
TikTok currently has these features:
- Effects gallery - Add different effects to upgrade your videos.
- Duets - Create duet videos where you can reply, comment or react to other videos.
Read more about TikTok content ideas here.
Likee is a short video editor and sharing platform from Singapore. Likee has 2 main features, a video editor and a live streaming platform.
As a video editor, Likee allows you to edit and share your videos. The video editor has these effects:
- SuperMix: enhance your videos with special effects like Face Morph, Astral Travel, Face Cut and MV and more.
- Stickers & Music Magic: Customize your videos with various funny stickers, greetings, quotes, colourful hairs and emojis.
- Beauty Camera &Video Filter: Change your video backgrounds with video filters. Unlock a bunch of video effects like the sketch, glitch, vintage, montage and much more.
As a live streaming platform, Likee allows you to:
- Go Live, Receive Gifts and Gain Fans
- Watch Live Stream Anytime and Anywhere
VivaVideo is a video editor app that allows you to edit your videos with music and effects. The app gives you these features:
- Basic video editing - cut, crop, merge, copy, paste, merge and transitions
- Video effects – add effects such as blur, glitch, and filters
- Subtitles – add text on video with various font styles and sizes
- Musics – add trendy songs and lyrics
KineMaster allows you to do the following:
- Combine and edit videos and images
- Add stickers, special effects, text, music, voiceovers, sound effects, and voice changers
- Use colour filters and colour adjustments to correct and enhance videos and images
KineMaster has a free and paid version. The paid version will remove the watermark and ads.
Vimeo Create earned the title Google Play’s Best of 2020. Aside from providing basic video editing tools, the app also offers special features:
- Pre-made templates – it allows you to edit your videos with their pre-made templates so you can save your time.
- Photo library - the application has a library with millions of high-quality stock photos and clips from you to use.
- Smart editing – automatically generate a video based on your selections. It finds the best parts of your selected footage and intelligently applies video editing techniques
Beat.ly is a video editor that allows you to edit videos and create photo slideshows. The application offers these features:
- Basic video editing tools
- Various templates with effects and transitions that are updated constantly
- Video transition that follows the exact music rhythm
- Free high-quality music for your videos
Magisto is a video editor application that has won Google Play Editor’s Choice, Gartner ‘Cool Vendor’ 2018 and Consumer Reports’ #1 Video Editing app 2017 awards.
The application features Artificial Intelligence that can automatically find the best parts of your video and select filters and effects for you, such as stabilization, cropping, facial recognition and filters. Magisto also allows you to create photo slideshows if you do not have any videos.
The wide range of short video apps available for Android means there is likely an app catering to your unique videography needs.
Click here if you are looking for top video editors for iOS in 2021.
Now that you have ideas on what video editors you can use to enhance your videos, why don’t you try Video Translator?
Here at Video Translator, we provide AI Transcription, Translation, Hard Coded Captions and dubbing.
By using Video Translator, you can :
Transcribe or create closed captions easily
Closed caption is crucial because it:
- Helps deaf and hard of hearing individuals watch videos;
- Helps people to focus on and remember the information more easily;
- Lets people watch it in sound-sensitive environments; and
- Allows you to optimise your SEO
Translate your videos so you can reach a wider target audience
You may have video contents in English, but what if it turns out most of your viewers are in Spain? The solution is by translating your videos.
Translating your contents allow you to:
- Reach a wider target audience
- Gain more views
- Expand your market
- Attract more viewers
Dub your videos in your target language
If your viewers like contents that are dubbed in their language preference, this method is perfect for you. You can get contents spoken in their language on top of the closed captions.
So, are you ready to make the next viral videos?!
For more information regarding Video Translator, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.